Good Morning World!
So as it would seem, Saturday marks my first day at University! Well that isn’t strictly true as that is only my move in day, and my first day of lectures doesn’t actually start until the 25th but it is my first time in a new city, and my first time living on my own with a house full of strangers. Sounds neat! Not! Its scary!
There are so many things that University has to offer, and so many exciting new changes. I have been waiting longer than most to go off to University, I’ve had a gap year and I’ve spend said year contemplating my future, figuring out what I want out of life and living and working in the real world. This past year has been more than beneficial to me and although I cannot wait to jump into my University experience, I wouldn’t have changed anything about that year, because without it, I wouldn’t be where I am.
Looking at what others have achieved out of University got me thinking what I want out of this first year, and how I want to achieve it. So, without further ado, in no particular order, here are a few things I want to achieve in my first year at University.
- Make lifelong friends
- Get on with my housemates
- Not be in my overdraft
- Although try not to worry about money
- Be certain I am studying the right subject for me
- Keep up a high grade average through the year
- Get a first in my degree, although a 2:1 is great too
- Attend every lecture
- Feel proud of every assignment I do
- Find somewhere I fit in
- Join a society
- Step out of my comfort zone
- Don’t live off microwavable meals and frozen pizza
- Join a gym
- Be healthy
- Don’t miss out on anything
- Go with the flow
- Be the person everyone wants to be friends with
- Don’t be background noise
- Keep up to date with blogging
- Without letting it affect my studies
- Don’t let distance ruin my relationship
- See my family as much as I can
- Stay in touch with old friends
- Don’t be afraid of what others think
- Stay fashionable
- Let others know about my blog, its nothing to hide
There are so many things I want for my first year, and there is nothing I want more than them all to come true. Its a big step in my life but I’m so exciting to begin this journey. I have waiting for this all year, and feel more than ready to start this experience knowing exactly what I want out of it.
I am ready for anything.
Love Georgina xxx